To play responsibly means to act according to the rules and stop playing when the fun stops. Even the best online casinos in the United Kingdom can’t protect you from becoming addicted to gambling. Responsible gambling is when casino players are aware of all the serious problems that online gambling can cause. This is a very important aspect to keep online betting as a fun past-time and not a way to deal with problems. Please read our responsible online gaming tips before you start playing casino games.
- Session Limit – Each time you start playing, set yourself a fixed session limit and never exceed it. The best way to do this is to activate the reminder 15, 10 and 5 minutes before the end of the session. This way, you are aware that you need to end the game.
- Deposit Limit – Before you start playing, you should set a fixed amount of money for your game. Never deposit more than the amount you set yourself at the beginning. If you have planned an hourly session and you run out of funds after 20 minutes, finish the session. Never make any more deposits to get your money back and don’t wager anything you can’t afford to lose. If you want to continue playing, play the demo version of the game for the remainder of your session.
- Loss Limit – If you are afraid that you won’t be able to hold yourself to your limits, you should set yourself a loss limit in the casino itself. You will usually find this option in the casino settings. However, if you cannot find this option, please contact technical support as most online casinos (and even many physical casinos) offer this service.
If you have noticed any gambling problems in yourself or your surroundings, don’t underestimate them. This can be something very serious and may require specialist care. There are many organisations in Great Britain that help people with gambling problems. Here are some of them:
- Gamblers Anonymous – It is a fairly large UK community that works as a support group for people with gambling problems.
- Gamble Aware – It is a charity that finances the treatment and education of people who have a gambling problem.
- GamAnon – If your husband, wife or family member has a gambling problem, GamAnon can help you.
- GamCare – GamCare is the UK’s leading provider of free information and support to people affected by gambling problems.